Halsey Officially Cancels Manic World Tour

Halsey’s “Manic” Tour, which had previously been postponed, is now permanently canceled, according to Variety. Concerns about the pandemic are to blame, according to the singer.

“Safety is the priority,” Halsey told fans on Twitter. “I wish things were different. I love you. Dreaming of seeing your faces again.”

Her North American tour was originally scheduled to take place in June of last year, according to Billboard, and was later postponed to this summer. However, she was able to perform about 17 dates last March in Europe before the spread of Covid-19 shut down the tour.

In an official statement, Halsey lamented the news, saying: “Despite our absolute best efforts, there is no guarantee I’ll be able to tour the currently scheduled dates.” She added that she will miss her fans “more than anything,” but feels it is a necessity to prioritize their safety and welfare.

Her goal now is to get all of the tickets that were purchased refunded to her fans, she said. Halsey’s tour was scheduled to begin on June 1 in Washington. The tour was also going to include a performance on June 9 at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles. The shows were scheduled to end in late July in Irvine, Calif.

Other big shows, including at Forest Hills Stadium in New York and Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Colorado are also now canceled.

This comes shortly after Glastonbury’s cancelation announcement. Some are now wondering whether the Ultra Music Festival and Coachella will still go on as planned. Organizers have not yet announced their decisions.