Joe Biden Town Hall to Take Place on Night of Second Presidential Debate

A town hall with Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden will take place next week on what would have been the night of the second presidential debate, according to Variety. The debate, which had been scheduled for Thursday, Oct. 15, will no longer take place as President Trump pulled out after the non-partisan Commission on Presidential Debates announced it would implement safety precautions “to protect the health and safety of all involved.”

Trump tested positive for COVID-19 last week. As part of the new rules, both Biden and Trump would speak from remote locations while moderator Steve Scully would field “town hall” questions from voters at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County in Miami.

“I’m not going to waste my time doing a virtual debate,” Trump said in an interview, according to USA Today.

Biden said yesterday he was not sure what to expect from Trump regarding his decision.

“I don’t know what the president is going to do. He changes his mind every second,” Biden said.

Kate Bedingfield, deputy campaign manager for the Biden campaign, said it is clear to her that Trump simply does not want to be questioned by voters regarding how he has handled the Coronavirus and the economy. The Biden town hall will be hosted by ABC News and moderated by anchor George Stephanopoulos. It is not affiliated with the Commission on Presidential Debates. The third and final debate, which will be an in-person event, is scheduled to take place  on Oct. 22 in Nashville.